Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finally! Some progress (on sewing in general, that is)

I decided to put the 1940's Swing Dress in the back burner for the time being, seeing that I have absolutely nothing in my stash to make it with. I figured if I was going to make something worthwhile, I am going to get material for it that I will actually enjoy (like Crepe, which I don't have enough of. I do have Crepe De Chine, but that's not the Crepe that I need at all)




So I shifted my attention to Simplicity 2549. It seems simple to do and I have enough leftover Duchess satin from an earlier project, so I want to give it a try. I'm doing view A without the bow and the gathered sleeves. I'm using the sleeves in the Views C and D.





All the cut pieces, ready for edging and sewing and whatever else I want to do with it. I traced the pattern on tracing paper so I won't have to destroy my carefully printed and rubber cemented e-pattern together (it took me FOREVER). I'm not doing a muslin right now because I feel like living dangerously today. We'll see what the future holds.


In other news, most of my time is taken up by this handsome boy:


And I don't mind it one bit. The older he gets, the more I see his personality and his quirks. He is a delightful person to be with. He has such a great sense of humor and his energy is boundless. I certainly have my hands full. 

1 comment:

Nikka said...

I can't wait to see how this turns out. :)